Everyone’s heard that joke where the heat in the home has to stay off until it’s as cold as possible beacuse dad wants to save on heating costs. It’s been on TV shows, movies, even our friend’s Facebook posts.
Saving money on home costs in the fall and winter in the Lehigh Valley doesn’t have to be a toe-numbing task. Here are a few tips from us that will help your energy costs while keeping the whole family happy and warm.
- Check for Cracks, Leaks, and Drafts: Give your home a once over to make sure your windows and doors are sealed properly. Consider weather stripping if needed. Check the exterior of your home as well for any cracks that may go unnoticed.
- Let the Light in: Open up and let the sun do some of the work for you. Open south facing windows in the morning and be sure to shut your blinds or curtains to trap that warmth in there when the sun passes.
- Reverse Your Ceiling Fan: If you reverse your cieling fan to clockwise rotation, it will keep your room omre comfy since warm air rises.
- Replace Your HVAC Filter: It can be one of the easiest things to forget to replace, but doing so and keeping yourself on a schedule will keep your air moving properly and your home regulated.
- Check Your Fireplace: You can easily lose a lot of heat if your damper isn’t closed while not in use.
We wish you a happy and warm fall and winter season, lehigh Valley. Call 610-865-1441 for a Visit and our New Home Specialist will be happy to schedule a private showing of our new homes.