Fall is fantastic in the Lehigh Valley. It’s one of the best spots for foliage in the nation, in our humble opinion, but we know those who will agree with us!
And, as fall begins to bring its cooler temperatures and earlier sunsets, it’s time to also take a look at a few things you can do at your home to get it fall ready.
- Stock up on Firewood: If you have a home that uses firewood, the fall is the best time to get stocked up. You don’t want to wait until the cold weather comes or snow hits and find yourself without what you need!
- Check your Furnace and Boiler: No matter which you use, checking your furnace or boiler in the fall can save you on some headaches in the winter months. The maintenance check up may even be included in the contract with your service provider.
- Test Your Fire Alarms: You should check these every season, fall included!
- Set up a Winter Toolbox or Location: Make sure you know where your snow shovels, rock salt, boots, gloves, and any other things that you use during the winter months are. Put them into one spot and you’ll be set when that first blizzard hits.
- Check Your Roof: Either by yourself or via a roofing company, get an idea of if your roof needs any servicing before the winter comes. Now is a perfect time!
There are numerous other things that you can and probably do during the fall to get your home ready. These are some of our favorites.
If you’re able to head out and enjoy some of the best foliage you’ll ever see!